Gluten Free, Raw, Vegan option
- 4 Medjool Dates
- 3 TBSP Cacao
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP Tahini
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1 TBSP Honey (optional for added sweetness)
- Dash of Salt (optional)
- Combine Cacao, Coconut Oil, Tahini and Honey in a bowl and mix it up! Add salt if desired.
- Chop dates and crush walnuts
- Add dates and walnuts. Mash well.
- Roll onto balls and refrigerate at least 30 min… or eat as is!
- To make it Vegan, sub extra date for honey if you desire more sweetness.
- When refrigerated, coconut oil hardens up and makes the bites more snack-able.
- Dates can be chopped up with a normal kitchen knife on a cutting board.
- Walnuts could be crushed with a mortar and pestle, folded in a cloth and smashed… or you could use the bottom of a small jar or supplement bottle in a bowl if you don’t have anything else handy!
- A food processor could also be utilized in this recipe.
- Feel free to experiment with this basic model to make quick, yummy snacks! Add other seeds or nut butters!