Roast Pumpkin, Golden Beet & Squash Salad with Garlic (45 mins prep time…serves 8)
- 1/2 butternut squash, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 4 golden beets, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 medium orange pumpkin (acorn squash or Japanese red kuri), halved, seeds removed
- 1 whole bulb garlic, cloves separated and unpeeled
- a few tablespoons of olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice butternut squash into four long slices and place on a big baking sheet with golden beet wedges. Cut pumpkin halves into lovely crescent moon wedges-roughly four wedges per half pumpkin-and scatter those on pan too with garlic cloves.
- Drizzle oil generously over everything, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast in oven for about 30-35 minutes. Keep an eye on them; you want edges to start browning and vegetables to be tender all the way through-check by inserting a small sharp knife into a thick piece.
- Remove vegetables from oven and let cool a little. Transfer everything to a shallow platter and serve.
Per serving: 115 Calories, 2g Protein, 13g Carbs, 2g Fiber, 8g Total Fat, 143 mg Sodium. Vitamin B6, C, Folate, Manganese.
Connect with us!